More Freedom/Mobility—As with a standard FreeWheel, a person with a folding chair experiences more freedom, mobility and safety when using a FreeWheel + ADAPTOR set-up.
Easily Fold Chair—By unscrewing the large knobs, the ADAPTOR is quickly removed, allowing the wheelchair to be folded.
Part Time Wheelchair Users Feel Safer—Many senior facilities have folding wheelchairs for their residents. With a FreeWheel + ADAPTOR set-up residents can now be comfortably and safely pushed to events outside the facility.
FreeWheel Adaptor for Folding Chair
The ADAPTOR specifications are as follows:
- Need 2.5” of round, horizontal side tubing on each side of wheelchair to attach ADAPTOR clamps. May be angled, as long as the sides are parallel to each other.
- Round horizontal tubing diameter of 1” or 1-1/8” in diameter. Custom tube sleeves available for 3/4” and 7/8” tubing (AD34/AD78) for a small additional fee.
- Width between horizontal tubing 13” to 19”.
- Side tubing height: 2 footrests 6’ to 16”. Single footrest 10” to 16” with footrest height max of 4” (custom frame options may exist).
- FreeWheel clamps on the “HITCH” using custom Thick Flat shim (comes with the ADAPTOR packaging) and a standard SHORT Rear End.
- Maximum personal body weight for ADAPTOR use is 250 lbs.
- Total Weight of ADAPTOR is 3.5 lbs.
Note: ALWAYS use the shortened FLAT SHIM that comes with the ADAPTOR, not the flat shims from the FreeWheel box.
- Round horizontal tubing with 1-1/4” diameter require the Adaptor MC (Motion Composite), which is available for an additional fee and as a special order item (email email@example.com for more information).